Tuesday 21 October 2014

Petit Fours and Truffles.

I started making the truffles on Sunday, and I finished them today. Three days to make some tiny truffles no more than 3 or 4mm round. Three days!

The most laborious part was making the sprinkles. I chopped up some pieces of cooked fimo and kept chopping until it was really tiny. I then sieved the clay to ensure only the tiniest pieces were going to be used. At least this is a job I can do sat in front of the televisions in bursts rather than slogging away in the craft room. There is probably a less labour intensive way of doing it but I couldn't think of one at the time. 

I made the plate using some glitter translucent clay mixed with a bit of dark pink. It's an inch across to give you an idea of scale, although I added a pencil to give a visual reference of the size. 








The petit fours are a mix of tiny biscuits, truffles and fancies, Because they are so small it's a useful way of using up odds and ends of clay that may end up in the bin otherwise. 



#

No comments:

Post a Comment