Saturday 14 February 2015

Lots of open sandwiches

This week I've made a variety of open sandwiches. I  may have gone a little overboard on the toppings instead of two or three varieties I ended up making 16 different types. From relatively simple cheese and onion to the more complicated avocado, tomato and cucumber canes. 

In a wierd way it's just like cooking in real life. Mise en place my college lecturer called it, getting everything ready in order to prepare the food. Sliced onion, cucumbers, tomatoes along with ham, beef, avocado, tuna mayo and cheese. I also had tin foil dishes with mayonnaise and tls to glue everything together as I was mixing precooked and uncooked clay. 

Some things were more successful than others. I like the fatty bits in the ham but I think it could have been a bit more random to look more lifelike. 

Trays of open sandwiches 

Trays of open sandwiches

Sandwich selection

Sandwich selection

Avocado and hummus sandwich

Cheese and onion sanddwich

Tuna and cucumber sandwich 



No comments:

Post a Comment