Saturday 15 November 2014

Hidden surprise cakes.

I have to admit to having a bit of obsession with Pinterest. I'll have a look for inspiration on there and spend far too much time then wondering how to recreate it in miniature.  I also have a couple of boards with real life cakes, dinners and foodie ideas but they seem to be permanently in the 'make at some time in the future' rather than this is what's for tea tonight.


I left it a bit late this year to plan any specific Christmas goodies so I started thinking of next year and to  begin with  Valentine's day. I came up with a cute little red sponge heart encased in sponge covered with pink icing and different decorations on top. These are the ones I've made today but I'm sure more variations will appear in the future. 








I love the way the sponge looks so real and lifelike. It's done with a simple technique of using a needle on the fimo clay in small circular motions very lightly on the surface. It takes a bit of practise and patience but it's worth it for the end result. 





No comments:

Post a Comment