Sunday 23 November 2014

I made leeks while Wales lost.

Yesterday Wales lost to New Zealand. They gave a good fight but it all went wrong in the last 10 minutes or so. Living in Wales you can't get away that this is a rugby obsessed nation and although I'm no good at sport I can do the next best thing and make the national emblem in miniature! 

While the game was on television I was mixing clay ready to make the leeks. I make small batches of anything like this as I think if it does go wrong it doesn't ruin too much clay. I woke up early this morning to finish them off and cook them. 

Using the skinner technique of shading the clay, having a pasta maker and patience  the finished leeks look just like the real thing. I even remembered to add a bit of the root on the bottom of the leek this time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment