Thursday 14 May 2015

A bit of sunshine ..


I've made a few lemons, lemons slices and lemon halves. It must be something to do with the fact that altough it's May, there seems to be no end to the rain outside and I wanted to make something that was happy, sunny and yellow.


Lemons are made by using the caning method. Basically this means making a large scale model that looks like a stick of rock and then gently rolling, squeezing and teasing it to a smaller scale. As usual I didn't think to take any how to pictures along the way - this is the only one I took that shows the process. 


Along the bottom of the tray are the lengthened canes ready to be cut up, above the blade are bits of cane cut up and then to the right of the tray are the shaped lemons. After baking the lemons are cut in half to show the inside. 

I took some end of the process pictures!






I didn't texture the inside of the lemons. Each one is 5mm across and so tiny I didn't think that more texturing would add anything to them. 

After the lemon making marathon I made a few cakes. Shame I can't eat one with a cup of tea ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment