Sunday 17 May 2015

How to make lemon cakes with a little help.


After making all the lemons it was about time to make some cakes. The cat decided that he would be helpful in several ways - first by sitting on the table, then sitting on my lap, finally deciding that maybe he would sit in the chair!
One swish of a tail and my morning's work could be gone! 

He is trying to help...

Excuse the mess in the background, sometimes it is tidy.

When he finally moved to go back to sleep I could start again. I've also made some orange slices so I'm definitely going for the citrus fruit vibe.

Orange and lemon slices
TLS (Translucent liquid sculpey) mixed with oil paint for icing and pastel dust at the back for painting on a baked effect.
Left: Cane of feather icing.          Right:Completed cakes
Cake production line! 

The next post has the results of my day baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment