Monday 25 May 2015

Pork Pies


Today as it's Bank holiday Monday there is a little bit of sunshine in the sky but it's still not as warm as it should be for the end of May. So I'm thinking of sunnier warmer days when I can pack a picnic and go for a long walk somewhere. A picnic has to be portable and able to withstand a few hours in a plastic tub and pork pies are perfect for this. So I made some in miniature of course! 


A Thermos of coffee, cheese sandwich and slice of pork pie ready for eating al fresco. 

Pork pie
I made a few pies but couldn't decide how to crimp the edges so I tried several different methods of doing it. I'm still not sure which one I prefer - the rustic one has a more handmade feel about it, but I do like a nice fluted edge, 

Pork pies


No comments:

Post a Comment