Saturday 30 May 2015

Social media links.

I'm slowly getting better at keeping up with social media. I have learnt over the past month or so to treat it as another part of my business. Rather than catching up with things when I have a spare 10 minutes  I now make sure I spend at least an hour a day liking, commenting, uploading and slowly but surely getting my name and my miniatures 'out there'.

Instagram My Instagram account 

It's useful to pick up my phone and post an in progress shot or a quick finished product shot before I do the more detailed ones with my camera. Hashtags are key here. I probably still don't use all the ones I'm allowed and I need to think some more about some the tags I use.  Does it bring in any sales? In reality probably not but in this media savvy picture orientated world I'm finding it a useful tool. 

Facebook - My Facebook account

This account has helped me connect with miniature groups and other miniaturists on Facebook. I was a little resistant to having a Facebook page but then I thought I was denying myself contact with a large number of people worldwide. I share lots on here from other accounts as well as in progress, what have I done today, pics of the cat etc etc. 


I'm not very good at twitter. To be honest I use it to advertising the things I list on etsy and I follow lots of people but I think it is the least useful bit of social media for me. 

Pinterest   My pinterest account

Like Instagram its visual, bright, bold and instant. I use it to for my miniatres I have for sale or have made as well as folders with ideas and other peoples miniatures. 


So if you want to like me on Facebook or follow me on Instagram or Pinterest  please click the pictures to take you to the links above. You can follow me on twitter too if you like. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment