Wednesday 10 June 2015

It's baking day...

I think it's good to add a bit of realism to a dollhouse. It's nice to have finished cakes in the window of a bakery or on a tea table but it's also good to reflect real life by having a bit of chaos in the kitchen. A work in progress so to speak. 



I've made some cake preparation boards which would be good to put into a kitchen, or on a counter in a shop. The cakes are 18mm round made from polymer clay. The icing is made by mixing transclucent liquid sculpey and fimo polymer clay to an icing consistency. It is then baked as per packet instructions. 

This peach one is an almost finished iced cake. There is a bowl of icing in the background and a knife covered in icing. 

A large wooden board has the cake, buttercream, knife and lemon slices set on it.

A small marble board with a cake being iced. 

Cake being iced and finished cake.

Strawberry cake being iced with hulled strawberries.

Cake being filled with buttercream, strawberries for decoration on board. 

Finished cake and cake being iced board.

I'm happy with the results as I find strawberries difficult to make and for some reason I always have problems with red coloured things. I didn't add a stalk or calyx to them as they are hulled ready to put onto the cake. 

All I need now is a cup of tea to go with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment